This course is designed to assist personnel at all levels of an educational institution in the understanding of the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), and the Clery Act as it was amended in the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013. (“VAWA”). These laws require that all individuals in an educational institution understand and comply with the laws in terms of what is prohibited behavior in relation to sexual harassment and/or sexual violence, and what steps are to be followed when such prohibited conduct occurs. This course gives the participants information about the laws, as well as procedures to follow, to provide for the rights of all individuals under the laws. It also provides additional resources to assist educational institutions in continuing to build and strengthen their Title IX and VAWA policies, procedures and training throughout the year.
This course provides you with a lifelong peer-to-peer learning opportunity through a specific Performance Group created within the Career Ed Lounge, a learning community of career education professionals. This allows you to learn and share with your peers at any time you want, even after you complete the course.
1. This course contains a comprehensive training program regarding Title IX and VAWA requirements, including review of the relevant policies and procedures of your institution. However, because the U.S. Department of Education has not endorsed any model of Title IX or VAWA training, the course may not meet all aspects of an institution’s training obligations. We encourage Title IX Coordinators and other officials at the institution to review and utilize the additional training materials included in the Additional Resources section of this course that are designed for supplemental campus sexual violence prevention and awareness training for employees.
2. Institutions utilizing this training should be prepared to provide each trainee, in advance of taking the course, with a copy of the institution's (a) current Title IX policy and associated grievance procedure and (b) latest Clery Act Annual Security Report (containing 2013, 2014 and 2015 crime statistics and required Violence Against Women Act statements of policy).
3. The discussion of the Clery Act included in this training is limited to the employee training requirements imposed by VAWA.
4. In addition to Title IX and VAWA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), state criminal and civil statutes, and other federal or state laws may apply to the conduct discussed in this course.
5. This course contains information made available by the U.S. Department of Education as of October 1, 2015. The content of the course will be reviewed on a semi-annual basis in January and July of each year to make any required updates based on changes in Title IX or VAWA law or guidance, unless significant developments in the law require more immediate updates. Summaries of course updates will be posted in the Performance Group associated with the course. These updates do not replace an institution’s obligation to provide comprehensive training at least annually to employees. Each individual taking this course will be provided with an email reminder of the annual training obligation prior to their one-year anniversary of taking this course.
Please review our Terms of Service for additional information regarding your use of this site.
Module 1: Overview of Title IX and VAWA
Module 2: Reporting and Response
Module 3: Investigations and Disciplinary Procedures
Module 4: Prevention and Education
Certificate of Completion
MaxKnowledge is pleased to feature content from Harvard ManageMentor® in its management courses. This content is provided by Harvard Business Publishing, a non-for-profit organization whose mission is to improve the practice of management and its impact in a changing world. Learn more about Harvard ManageMentor® and Harvard Business Publishing below.
Presented within a media-rich, interactive design, Harvard ManageMentor® 10 features more than 40 modules with practical advice, downloadable tools, and time-saving tips on key management topics to help managers build skills quickly for an immediate impact on performance. More than two million managers around the world rely on Harvard ManageMentor® and its high-quality management content drawn from foremost practitioners, renowned experts, and business leaders.
Headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, Harvard Business Publishing is the leading provider of teaching materials for management education. HBP's offerings include:
For more information, visit hbsp.harvard.edu.
It should be assumed that everything seen, heard, or read on this site is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. No material (including but not limited to text, images, audio, video, and any software related files) may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way or decompiled, reverse engineered, or disassembled, except that one copy of your course materials may be printed for your own personal, non-commercial use.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Your registration information will not be distributed to third parties. You are in control of any personal information you disclose on our site via the Career Ed Lounge.
If our fee-based services are provided to you through a purchase made by your institution (or any other party), the paying party will have access to information regarding your enrollments, activities and certificates. We also confirm the validity of our issued certificates upon request from third parties.
If you earn the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) designation, you will be recognized and your name will be listed on www.cheponline.org/certified-professionals. Third parties wishing to verify your CHEP certification can view your CHEP status and the online courses you’ve completed by clicking on your name on this CHEP list.
Within this site, you are not allowed to distribute (by whatever means) content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or that we otherwise deem distasteful or objectionable (at our sole discretion). You are not allowed to use the Career College Ed for commercial solicitation.
We award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for the completion of our online courses. Our CEUs are granted based on generally accepted standards. We award CEUs to provide you with a record of your knowledge enrichment and professional development activities. You should be aware that any organization has the right to accept or reject our CEUs, just like credit hours provided by one college may or may not be accepted by another college.
If you use a credit card to purchase any of our fee-based services, the credit card number is encrypted and passed through to the credit card company using a secure connection. Your credit card number is not kept or recorded.
Full refund within one week of purchase for any unused Enrollment/Master Keys. No refunds after that time.
While on our site you could be directed to other Web sites or resources. We have no control over such sites and resources and we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Your correspondence and dealings with MaxKnowledge authors, including business dealings, payment and delivery of goods or services, and the terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such authors. You agree that MaxKnowledge is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
We make no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to our web site operation or services offered. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site or services, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damages. Information presented on this site is for knowledge enrichment only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. We make no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness or accuracy of the information or services offered on this site for any purpose. Note: Some courses may contain additional disclaimer information.
This site is powered by MaxKnowledge, Inc., a California corporation. The laws of California will govern these terms and conditions.
We offer our services to you subject to the above terms. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, its services, and these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of our terms of service at any time on this page. Your continued use of our site and services following any changes on this page constitutes your agreement with our updated terms of service.