|RT104 - Best Practices to Enhance Student Retention|
This course is a collection of ideas and best practices drawn from the implementation of enrollment growth strategies at over 300 colleges and schools nationwide. The course is based on a highly successful in-service training program offered by Dr. Joe Pace, Managing Partner of The Pacific Institute and includes video delivery of Pace's presentations. Filled with practical tips and suggestions, the course also discusses the application of current research results on human behavior and organizational culture to enhance student enrollment and retention. This is a unique course that will dramatically change your perspective on school effectiveness.
Module 1: Model, Mentor and Monitor
- Describe the concept of Modeling, Mentoring and Monitoring.
- Model, Mentor and Monitor the right kind of traits that will help your students.
- Recognize the importance of Attention on Retention.
Module 2: Our Business is Changing Lives
- Recognize the importance of both the educational and the business side of your school and embrace the EduPreneurial Spirit.
- Describe why it is important to see students and co-workers as customers and embrace a customer oriented philosophy.
- Help your students create a vision to help them succeed.
- Define what Habits, Attitudes, Beliefs and Expectations are and how they affect your organization.
- Identify Blind Spots and understand how they can keep employees from being effective.
Module 3: Making a Positive Impact
- Create a positive environment where the student feels comfortable and is able to do well.
- Deliver material & instruction to the students in a way they will be able to understand and assimilate the instruction easily.
- Identify students needs and learning styles and how to work with them effectively from admissions to the classroom and campus wide.
Module 4: The Importance of Organizational Culture
- Apply the concepts of organizational quality, excellence and success.
- Recognize the importance of a common vision in the organization.
- Identify ways to change the culture in your organization to increase efficiency and student retention.
Module 5: Additional Resources