|CM140 - Title IX and VAWA Training: Building Safer Campuses|
1. This course contains a comprehensive training program regarding Title IX and VAWA requirements, including review of the relevant policies and procedures of your institution. However, because the U.S. Department of Education has not endorsed any model of Title IX or VAWA training, the course may not meet all aspects of an institution’s training obligations. We encourage Title IX Coordinators and other officials at the institution to review and utilize the additional training materials included in the Additional Resources section of this course that are designed for supplemental campus sexual violence prevention and awareness training for employees.
2. Institutions utilizing this training should be prepared to provide each trainee, in advance of taking the course, with a copy of the institution's (a) current Title IX policy and associated grievance procedure and (b) latest Clery Act Annual Security Report (containing 2013, 2014 and 2015 crime statistics and required Violence Against Women Act statements of policy).
3. The discussion of the Clery Act included in this training is limited to the employee training requirements imposed by VAWA.
4. In addition to Title IX and VAWA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), state criminal and civil statutes, and other federal or state laws may apply to the conduct discussed in this course.
5. This course contains information made available by the U.S. Department of Education as of October 1, 2015. The content of the course will be reviewed on a semi-annual basis in January and July of each year to make any required updates based on changes in Title IX or VAWA law or guidance, unless significant developments in the law require more immediate updates. Summaries of course updates will be posted in the Performance Group associated with the course. These updates do not replace an institution’s obligation to provide comprehensive training at least annually to employees. Each individual taking this course will be provided with an email reminder of the annual training obligation prior to their one-year anniversary of taking this course.
Please review our Terms of Service for additional information regarding your use of this site.